Saturday, December 02, 2006

Our Club Meeting

Life has been so frantic lately that I’ve had precious little time to just kick back and enjoy myself. Since I was doing the demo tonight (a crackle background and collage), and providing the next challenge (a mini album), I was in that state of mind where you’re just checking items off on your to do list and wondering when it’s ever going to end. But our club meeting was just what I needed to feel like I have a life that’s more than a series of obligations. (Going out for Japanese food with David beforehand sure helped too).
Carolyn had provided this month’s challenge, and when I saw it, I was certain I wouldn’t be able to anything with it. But I was wrong. I’ve always wanted to invent a game, so this was it. I painted 100 wooden letters bronze and gold to fill the jar and called it “BE.” So far there are no rules because I haven’t figured them out yet. But the idea is to make verbs. (Cherri thinks I should call it Strip Scrabble. Carolyn thought this was a great idea too, but then again those two are much racier than I am).

Everyone seemed to enjoy crackling paint and making their collages. I was really impressed with what everyone did using such a simple technique, and how individualistic their pieces all were. I didn’t do anything other than demo myself. I was just too bagged to complete anything. Besides, it was more fun seeing what everyone else was doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Investigate, aggreate, create.