Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Girls

This ATC features a picture of John’s aunt and two of her friends. He asked me recently why I haven’t done anything with all the pictures we have of his family, so I decided I’d play with this one. It turned out much murkier than I expected despite all the time I spent trying to come up with something pleasing.
But who says everything I do has to hit the mark? I’ve found over the years that about one out of every three things I do satisfies me. Those aren’t bad odds really. I feel that all the time I spend working on projects that don’t gel teaches me what I need to know to make those that do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually when I first glanced at this, I was instantly intrigued. I like the murkiness- I think it draws one in to examine it more closely and sets a tone of how the past is dim, but the memorable highlights are still in our memories.

Jeanne