Thursday, March 01, 2007

Dreamtime

I decided I’d try doing a “landscape” ATC because I’ve never done one before—besides, the four girls work better this way! I have a thing about these heads because they appeared to me in a dream, and seemed to be some kind of group muse. Shortly afterwards I bought four small dolls, decapitated and de-haired them…or whatever you call it…and incorporated them into an assemblage.
But most of the images I generate in dreamtime can’t be translated into anything tangible. For example, I had a great dream once about going to an ice planet where they had a much wider spectrum of colors than we do. It was really a downer when I woke up and couldn’t figure out how to possibly explain, or make use of, the experience.
To be honest, I don’t dream much anymore. I think it’s because I spend most of my days doing creative things. The more I do, the less I dream. I wonder what Freud would have to say about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHOA! Awesome and spooky Love it. your background looks like it is trying for the icy-planet look. Good Job!!

jeanne