Thursday, March 03, 2011

Fifth Year Blogiversary


Just this morning I realized that I’ve been blogging for five years today. Obviously not always faithfully or with consistent quality, but I’ve never thought seriously of it giving up.
It was Carmi who encouraged me to start a blog, and who could ask for a better cheerleader or mentor? Frankly, her enthusiasm, energy and willingness to try something new gave me the courage to try it myself. I have to admit I needed that push because my tendency is go inside rather than outside, and keeping a blog is a good way to stay connected to the big picture. True, I wish I had the drive to post original art several times a week and to write something transformational, but when you get right down to it, you have to blog in the way that’s best for you and groove to your own inner timing, even if is kind of hit and miss.
One of the good things about blogging is that you become accountable to yourself and others. Three or four years ago, I was posting a digital ATC here on a regular basis. That activity, more than anything else, helped me to develop my Photoshop skills. But developing your creativity is just one of the benefits of blogging. For me, the most important thing has been establishing important friendships with people I would probably never have met in the pre-blogging universe. It’s exciting to know there are so many kindred spirits out there to share the world with, so thank you for stopping by and being one of my readers!

11 comments:

me again said...

Susan, thank YOU for sharing your blog with all of us. I always enjoy your posts and your art always inspires.....here's to the next five years!

Ganga Fondan said...

I second that!!
Congratulations Susan.
I'm not on my blog very often but I try to catch up with your latest art creations and beautiful words. You rock!!!! Thank-you for being a blogger in my world!!!

xxoo

Cro Magnon said...

Congrats. May I offer a cyber longevity medal. Here's to the next five!

Ronna said...

Congrats Susan and all I can say is more, more, more! I love reading your words and seeing your artwork. Me want more!

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Yours is one blog whose posts I await with great eagerness. I love your style and am always inspired by your creativity and generous mind. Congratulations on touching the lives of so many bloggers - we await more wisdom, more profound thoughts, more art....MORE!

Sharon said...

Congratulations, Susan, on your 5 years of sharing thoughts and art with the rest of the world. I envy the sensitivity, intelligence and humour that finds its way into all your writings. I, too, have difficulty blogging on a regular basis and I put it down to bloggers' (writers) block and have yet to break through that barrier. I love reading your musings and look forward to all your posts. Keep going.

MarissaDW said...

Happy Blogaversary Susan! I enjoy your blogs and have been missing your regular entries in 2010 but I know you're really busy. You're an inspiration and always look forward to reading your entries. Keep well my friend.

martha brown said...

Happy blogiversary! Did you know that you are one of my greatest inspirations? Just thought I'd let you know.... hope to see you soon
xox

Unknown said...

Wow 5 years!! Congrats! It definitely has it's advantages :)

tgarrett said...

Congrats- wow 5 years- and as you said- thanks to this technology we were able to meet! Best, Terry

azirca said...

Here's to many more inspiring years to come!