Sunday, July 19, 2009

Digital Coolness


For anyone who is would like to learn Photoshop, but is apprehensive about it, here’s some inspiration. Five years ago, at the age 87, fashion photographer Lillian Bassman decided to tackle the program. She spends six or seven hours a day playing in Photoshop and says it has opened up a whole new world for her.
The interesting thing is that Bassman is a Photoshop girl only—no Google or email for her. To see some of her work and to read more about her life, check out this article in the New York Times.
Now here’s something else that's cool. Did you know that you can paint using your iPhone? Apparently you download this program called Brushes, a low-priced software application that has a color picker, zooming, virtually unlimited undo and redo, and a set of realistic brushes. You can also export your paintings at high resolution (up to 1920 x 2880), and turn them into QuickTime movies. See the video below.

6 comments:

martha brown said...

Well, I'm taking a photoshop class in a few weeks. We'll see how I do -- I consider myself one step up from a luddite.

Ganga Fondan said...

I keep being blown away on a daily basis on how technology is urging us to express in more and more ways. Wow! Thanks for posting this today! I just got that creative rush feeling again!!! LOL

Irene said...

Thanks for the nudge. I plan on playing in photo shop sometime soon, just because I need to "know".

A bird in the hand said...

Lillian Bassman is my role model! That's how I want to be at age 92.

Leslie Jane Moran said...

I want an iPhone.

Anonymous said...

It absolutely agree with the previous phrase