Wednesday, September 09, 2009

You are invited

I’d like to extend an invitation to all of my readers who can make it to come to the opening of my art show on Saturday, October 3rd between 2 and 4 pm at the Whitney Community Gallery in Brampton.
The gallery is part of the Peel Heritage Complex, which includes our regional archives, a museum, a 19th century jail and the Art Gallery of Peel.
My show runs from October 3rd to November 15th and will include mixed media, digital collage and assemblage. I’ve called it Creating from the Inside Out—after the title of my upcoming book—and if all goes well with the publishing end of things, I should have some copies of my book available at the opening too. The Whitney Gallery is located at 9 Wellington St. East in Brampton and you can visit Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4:30 pm; Thursday evenings from 6 to 9 pm; and Saturday and Sunday from noon to 4:30 pm.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!!! I can't wait!! I want to order my book now!
Mary A.

Ronna said...

Susan: can't make the show but I want a book please! I'm having a show in Toronto on Oct. 24 (at a friend's house). Maybe we can see each other ???

Karen said...

How very exciting Susan!! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it since I will be in Japan.... Do reserve a copy of your book for me.

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Oh this is magnificent. I love the invitation. Will be there with bells on. Can't wait to see it all.

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Too bad I'm too far away to cheer in person, but congrats!! I'm sure it will all be a grand success. Save me a copy of your book too please.

wildflowr said...

I hope your show goes well- I would love to come if I wasn't stuck out here in the middle of the ocean! Please post photos from the show so all of us who can't go can get to see too! ...and when can we see the book?

me again said...

I shall make every effort to be there for the opening!
==lennie==

juneh said...

How awesome is that!!!! No wonder you've not been blogging...your energies have been elsewhere....YEAH SUSAN!!!! I would love to come by and view the "creativeness from the inside out!!!" :D

Ganga Fondan said...

That is a fantastic announcement Susan. You must be thrilled. I'll try to make it out there. I'll have to access some wheels.
I would love to see your show!!!!!

MarissaDW said...

Wonderful news! You've certainly been keeping busy. Will definitely try to come and see your work.

azirca said...

What wonderful news Susan, a book and a show, congratulations! All the very best with both, let us know how it goes.

Irene said...

I'll be the other bell with Leslie. You know dinga lings travel is pairs. Congratulations.

beenebag said...

You Go Girl!!! Congratulations on both creative endeavors:) If I lived closer I would definitely be at your show. Have fun and let us foreigners revel vicariously:)

brenda

José said...

Wow! A book and a show. That's a big achievement! I'm very happy for you. Hope you will keep us updated on your blog. I live to far away to visit your show. Have fun and enjoy!

Caterina Giglio said...

congrats on both the book and the show! woohoo! what a great accomplishment!