Sunday, February 04, 2007

Another Digital ATC

John said this to me today: “Take my hand. I’m a stranger in paradise.” He thought it was a quote from the movie South Pacific, but apparently these words are lyrics from the Broadway musical Kismet that Tony Bennett recorded in 1953. I’m not sure why I used a derelict background for this ATC, but I do like the pink windows…and why not? It’s more fun putting things together because they happen to come together than trying to figure things out.
To reward myself for a busy week, I took a leisurely trip to The Dollar Store this afternoon, and splurged on buttons, feathers and various other doodads. As usual, the arts and crafts/scrapbooking section was jammed, so I left my cart at the end of the aisle. When I went back to it five minutes later, a couple of employees had put most of my stuff back. It was really funny.

So I started over again…keeping an eye on my shopping cart, and then I saw a woman poking through my trove. “What do you want all this #*#% for?” she yelled to her friend. I would have explained, but she slunk off looking quite sheepish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue--You're right--the lyrics are from Kismet as sung by Mr. Bennett. Don't you love Google. Pam xo