Thursday, December 25, 2008

Best Wishes to All

I thought I’d post a photo of the star on top of my Christmas tree to wish you all the best today and throughout the holiday season.
I didn’t realize until I had the photo up on my computer screen just how much a star resembles the human body. This one is made of birch bark strips wrapped with twigs which remind me of blood vessels and nerves spreading energy all over the body …the anatomy of a star, perhaps? Anyway, enjoy your holiday and I’ll see you soon.

4 comments:

Godelieve said...

Best wishes to you and your family too.
Beautiful star, love how you describe it!

Dale said...

I just love the way you describe your star here. How evocative!

A bird in the hand said...

I always thought that star shape looked human!! ;-)

Merry Christmas! xoxox

Ozstuff said...

What a fantastic star!! It does look human - and waiting to get out I think. I belong to a digital art group (Digital Art Quirks) and we have a challenge where we are given a photo and we have to make something of it. A real blue starfish for me became a ballet dancer with a see through tu-tu. I had a lot of fun with it.
Thanks for you kind comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and now I know where your blog is.
Happy New Year from Marie in very hot Western Australia. Your cold weather looks very good to me at the moment.