Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Prep

I have to admit I get anxious around Christmas. It’s not that I don’t appreciate the significance of the season, or the chance to spend time with family and friend, but I think the added pressure of all the preparation causes other things that trouble me to surface as well. I realized tonight that I actually think of Christmas as the end of the year rather than December 31st. This may be why the highs and lows in my life seem to be going on simultaneously.
But in between the tree decorating and house cleaning, I managed to find time to make this quick card for my stamping group buddies. I used Martha’s stars and an image from B-Line that reminds me of my friends out in Blogland too. How enriched my life is by the connections I have made with all of you! Of course, looking at my card, I can see that the line of friends does not include any men, which is certainly an oversight.

Speaking of men, or man in this case, John has been shoveling snow like crazy since Friday. He had to do the driveway twice today, and then reformat Lily’s outdoor maze yet again. The bench on our back porch (always my benchmark) has a snowdrift fifteen inches high. Yes, it’s definitely going to be a white Christmas.

5 comments:

Irene said...

How sweet of you to think of your blogging buddies in this way. Thank you and have a very Merry Christmas.

Ronna said...

Happy Christmas Susan. A good opportunity for me to let you know that you've brought sunshine into my life this year and am looking forward to reading more of your posts in 2009.

A bird in the hand said...

I can't think of anything to say right now, so XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO. And hope to talk with you at a later time.

Unknown said...

Martha's stars are the perfect touch. I hope you enjoy this white Christmas. All the best in the new year too!

Sandy xox

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Merry Christmas Susan, and hope you have a little time to put the feet up and relax over the holidays. All best wishes for a terrific New Year too!