Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Dream

Years ago I had a creative writing student who was a heavy dreamer. Every morning she would spend at least an hour writing her dreams down in a 3-ring binder—and she had filled dozens of them. Everyone in the class was amazed that she could remember her dreams in such detail.
Recently I was in the middle of a dream about designing a painting machine for Barack Obama when John woke me up with my morning tea. I rolled over and the dream evaporated. Yes, I know I’m spoiled with the morning tea thing, but I still wish I’d been able to find out what Obama’s painting machine really involved. Then again, maybe I was just dreaming about Photoshop…

1 comment:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

I'm not sure if it was the power of suggestion, but I had a dream about YOU last night. I have never had a dream about you, but the dreamy you had dark eyebrows and searingly blue eyes, and I kept saying how much you looked like Emma. The only disconnect was that in part of the dream you were wearing a pink shirt and a floral pink skirt....this is just a bit odd.

Regarding the tea ceremony, I'm sending the Professor over to your blog today! :)
Love the piece....too funny.