Friday, June 02, 2006

Our Next Club Project

At our last club meeting, Karen Arts – yes, imagine having “Arts” as a last name when you’re an artist – brought along CD cases for us to alter as our June dollar store challenge. Cherri immediately said to me that she knew what she wanted to do with hers. But I, as usual, was clueless.
Debbie dropped by the next day, and when I showed her the CD case, she told me it reminded her of a tongue. John said much the same thing to me later, and I began to think it might make a great repository for quotes – speaking in tongues maybe? But then again, the case would be perfect for holding mandalas too. Back in the late 90s, I did a mandala a day for several weeks, and I really enjoyed confining my creativity to a particular format. (
Carmi is doing a similar though more ambitious thing by promising herself that she’s going to do a collage a day until the end of June). Anyway, I looked at some of the flower mandala artistamps I’d done in Photoshop a year ago for a mail art call, and I’ve decided that I really don’t want to work in a circular format right now. I have an idea itching away in the back of my mind, but we’ll have to see whether or not it asserts itself. Whatever happens, I have a feeling that I’m going to find this challenge interesting.

No comments: