Thursday, May 03, 2007

A blast from the past

I love watching TV but I feel guilty about it so I limit how much I watch. Right now it’s 24, Dancing With the Stars, Lost and American Idol. Normally I wouldn’t be drawn to a show like Dancing with the Stars, but when Daniza mentioned it, I knew I had to check it out mainly because we always seem to like (really like) the same things. It’s your fault Daniza. Now I’m hooked.
But I always feel I should be doing something constructive when the TV is on. While I was watching Lost and American Idol tonight, I sorted through a big box of stuff that needs filing and found this business card size collage I made back in 1998 when I first started stamping. It’s one of a series, but I have no clue where the others are—probably somewhere in the giant throw room that used to be our basement.
I also found our marriage certificate. Now that was sobering. Why didn’t I put it back in its own special file after John applied for his passport last year? Again, no clue. But I was grateful I found it anyway. I’m going to see Jeanne in Texas this summer and I need a new passport myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, I know what you mean. I make jewelry while I watching Dancing with the Stars and Idol. Last night during America's Top Model (which is all about inner beauty of course) I made "faux" dichroic glass pendants.

Mary

Anonymous said...

So who are you guys rooting for??
Actually I just enjoy watching the shows - yes I watch Idol too & yes I do have favourites. But Dancing with the Stars just puts a smile on my face. Wouldn't it be nice to just slip, slide & glide across the floor? Unbelievable how the pros can move their bodies. Oh, to be young again!!! & dance, dance, dance.
daniza