Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sacrifices

I was looking at my notebook from last year this morning, and I realized that I was doing a lot more socializing then than I am now. This week I’ve limited myself to one night out, and I’ll admit it’s driving me a little crazy. But I really don’t have a choice. If I want to finish my book and website in a timely manner, that’s what I have to do.
Years ago I remember reading an interview with the novelist Barbara Taylor Bradford. When asked how she managed to write novels when she was working full time, she replied: “Well, I don’t go to parties.”
But it’s hard having to make decisions like not seeing your friends or doing other things you know you’d enjoy. When you’ve set yourself certain goals though, there’s really no way around it, but to choose to focus on them.Tonight we’re having dinner with my parents, and Robin, Wendy and Wakelin. Here’s a digital ATC I did of my nephew Wakelin that I’m going to give to him later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh hurry up and finish your work so you can come out and PLAY!!!! lol