Monday, July 02, 2007

Doing Zip

I spent three wonderful days doing absolutely nothing but writing in my journal, socializing, sitting by the water and reading romance novels. Pam has a huge stash, and as soon as I finished one my mother would start on it next. Mum usually reads literary novels, so this was a change of pace for her. Instead of talking about Margaret Atwood and Alice Munro, we were trading insights about the finer points of regency romance…Pam’s favorite genre.
On Saturday Dad took us out to eat at a restaurant in a Victorian house, and David helped the owner catch a bat that had flown into the dining room. Last night Pam made a fantastic salmon dinner, so I didn’t have to do any cooking all weekend which was just fine with me.

David spent Saturday watching the first season of Lost on his laptop. Then yesterday he wandered around the property taking pictures of his latest glass bricks in various locations. He photographed bricks in water, buried in sand, on rocks and in the woods. I really like this particular shot he took on the beach because you can see the reflection of a dead tree and Georgian Bay in the green glass.

No comments: