Friday, June 29, 2007

Taking a break

I’m just getting ready to leave for Pam and Brian’s cottage up in Meaford. David and I are going for the long weekend, so it will be fun to spend time with some of my favorite people. I’m also looking forward to writing in my journal, taking pictures, reading and sitting by the water. I also hope there’s at least one clear night because I love looking up at the stars.
John is staying behind because he’s trying to finish a big project he’s been working on. He’s also going to baby sit Lily. I usually take her with me when I can, but Pam couldn’t find my cat niece Ubu when they came back to Toronto on Tuesday. (She is hiding somewhere in their cottage and Brian’s brother Ted has been going in to feed her...Ubu, not Pam!)

Lily loves Meaford, but she also has a thing about cats so she would be after Ubu 24/7. Not that it would really bother the kitty. Serene and resourceful, Ubu has her own secret cubbyholes to retire to, but Lily’s vigilance would definitely drive the rest of us crazy.

No comments: