Tuesday, March 14, 2006

More Website Whining

Trying to come up with a website design is unbelievably complicated. It’s frustrating, endless and I’m nowhere near the GoLive stage. I could write a 25-chapter book on what I’ve been through. But only someone looking for an insomnia cure would bother to read it.
I know what I want, but I can’t seem to get there. I’m vacillating between tarting it up and going for the minimalist approach. Something like assemblage artist James Michael Starr’s website really appeals to me, but I’m not sure that I have one image that could really represent what I do.

I've looked at a lot of websites over the years. One that are cluttered with type and all sorts of boxes and internal links really annoy me. I don't want mine to be like that, but now I understand how difficult it is to just keep it simple.
It was a relief to set my design work aside and indulge in some Photoshop therapy. I took this photo of Lily watching Project Runway tonight. She’s obviously not troubled by whether or not she’s in or out. And I’ll bet she isn’t worrying about a website design either.

1 comment:

Carmi Cimicata said...

Hey Susan, I signed up for Humber's Web design class starting this may...eight Saturday's in a row. I am sure I will be facing the same decisions shortly. I do love the clean website look though....I just think you should be able to change the content anytime you have a new piece!