Saturday, March 11, 2006

Why am I doing a Website?

I read in Vanity Fair earlier that 170,000 people a day join Myspace. A day! Will cyberspace reach a set point or will the sheer amount of stuff that’s continuing to proliferate, well – just continue to proliferate? I spent another unsuccessful day trying to come up with a design for my website, and I realized tonight that this might be because I’m not even sure why I’m doing it. Is it just vanity, or is there a point to it all? I did finish the playing card collage sheet though…part of the purpose of doing a website is to sell the ones I’ve already done online. But there are so many people doing the same thing, and I don’t have a clue how to market myself. I just want to make art; I don’t want to play the marketing game because I’ve never been very good at games unless it’s something like Tetrus.

No comments: