Thursday, March 16, 2006

Success (I think)

Starting with the design is not the way you’re supposed to do a website. So I obediently did a plan first. But my plan didn’t seem to make sense unless I knew what it was attached to…a visual representation in other words.
Before David left for school yesterday, I showed him all the designs I’d come up with. Then he “interviewed” me about what I was trying to do with my website making a short list of important points. Personally I thought his approach was too minimalist. Didn’t he realize how complicated it is?
For this reason, I ignored his list for most of the day. But there’s always an in-working before there’s an out-working, isn’t there? After hours of tinkering with different designs, I decided to take a look at David’s list again – and to really think about it. Then it suddenly all came together.
I often wonder where I would have ended up if I’d been as together at twenty as David is now.

1 comment:

Beth Barany said...

I like this because it invites me to a world. But I'm not sure what I'll find when I get there and that make me intrigued.