Friday, March 10, 2006

Working on my Website

I managed to find time to work on my website today. What’s holding me back at the moment is trying to come up with a design I like. I know I’m mad-dogging it a bit because I’ve experimented with eight different designs so far. But the thing is, if I don’t put something together that appeals to me, I just know I’ll want to change it – and I hate being nagged by that feeling.
It’s a sure sign I’m not settled in my own mind when I ask my family for input. John likes the one with a gray background, and I have to admit it’s the best. But Emma and David both think I should go with the electric blue and yellow. Yikes! I’m not really a gray person, or an electric blue one either. Who am I really?
Before going out for coffee with Andrea, I putter around with both designs. When I get home, Emma is already in bed, but she’s left me a post-it on my mouse: “Mom, I love your Artopia page! It looks FAB!” (Sometime I’ll build a shrine to house all her loving little notes). Anyway, looking at the electric blue one just now, I can’t help remembering Ferlinghetti’s words: “A coney island of the mind, a kind of circus of the soul.” At least I think that’s how it goes.

No comments: