Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Marketing Thing…

I never think twice about promoting someone’s work I like, but whenever I consider doing the same for myself, I always go limp. I can think of a number of reasons why I’m the way I am, but the bottom line is: I just have to get over it. That’s why it’s good that Carmi has given me a helping hand by offering buttons made from my digital work in her online store. These buttons are just the coolest. You can use them as ephemera in your art, wear them, or as David wants to do: decorate the fridge. When I went to Artfest a couple of years ago, Brenda Shackleford had the niftiest button trades, and it makes me want to go back next year so I can hand my own out.

3 comments:

azirca said...

these are great!

martha brown said...

Yes, these are wonderful!!!! Have you been in touch with Brenda? I've emailed her a few times but never heard back from her. She was really fun -- and I got my favourite trade from her at ArtFest last year (a small wooden block charm)

Dale said...

i just love your buttons! The idea of trading them at ArtFest fascinates me. Wonderful work!