Saturday, June 07, 2008

My Second Colette

In an email to Ronna yesterday, I said that the first thing I’d do if I won the lottery would be to stock up on original art. We already have a lot in our house. There’s my stuff, of course, and David’s glass, plus watercolors by John’s grandfather—and many wonderful cards and trades from art friends.
We also have quite a few reproductions of paintings we like. But there’s nothing like having an original. That’s why I treated myself recently to another piece of art by Colette Copeland. One of the reasons I like this piece is that she incorporated my digital doll’s head into her painting. I’m a big fan of what she does because I’m fascinated by her tender and spontaneous style. When I look at her work, I feel liberated from usual ways of approaching art, and that’s inspiring.

If you haven’t already visited her blog, you’ll enjoy it. And check out her Etsy store too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool that Colette used your doll head. I am happy to know both of you talented Artists personally!

Sandy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.