Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Digital Stamping

I don’t usually Photoshop my stamped images because rubber is organic, and the digital is more like thinking made visible. But I made an exception here because I wanted to reverse the numbers. Because I didn’t have any white ink, I worked with a scan of this Stamp in the Hand image and colored it in using Photoshop. I also scanned the Stampendous background (which is one of my favorites) and then added a gradient.
This piece appears in We’ve Got Your Numbers by Karen Sweeny-Justice in the latest issue of RubberStampMadness. Twelve different stamp artists gave their take on the theme, and it was cool to see that everyone did something completely different.

1 comment:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Fabulous Susan, I'll be sure to pick up the latest issue. Congratulations. You surely need a little pick-me-up these days. So happy to see this.
Cheers!