Saturday, April 07, 2007

Thought on Journaling

It was a relief to start a new journal last night. Everything I’ve been doing for the last few weeks has depended on visual accuracy and clarity of thought (but, I have to add, not always accomplished). What I like about journaling is that I can forget about grammar, spelling and how everything looks. I just emote. Emma says that journaling is the one thing she does for herself, and I can see her point.
I don’t mind sharing some of my journals with other people. But the one I just finished? No one will be looking at that one ever. Maybe when I’m dead? Even then…hum-m…perhaps I should start gluing the pages together now, or just rip out the pages I’m okay with, and then burn it.

As I write this, I’m thinking to myself: “I’m making it sound like my journal is packed with salacious gossip.” But it isn’t. Instead, it’s a lot of dark night of the soul whining that I wouldn’t want anyone else to read. I don’t even like rereading it myself.

No comments: