Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Eureka Flo

Normally when I’m working on a digital collage, I just cruise through my files choosing images that appeal to me, and then I see what happens when I put them together. I try not to over think this process, but occasionally I’ll work on a collage off and on for weeks.
For my slide project series (this is the second), I decided once again to concentrate on using collage elements from Christina’s digiWERX line …specifically a snippet of brocade scrapbooking paper, a button, an image from her daguerreotype sheet, the Polaroid slide mount of course and some writing from a ledger page. I noticed an entry for “Eureka Flour” and decided to call my girl Eureka Flo.

I prefer to give the unknown people I transform a name. I don’t know whether this one really suits her, but I like the name enough to consider writing a story about her. Euereka Flo doesn’t look too happy in my opinion, but maybe she was just concentrating on keeping still for the photographer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know she smells?!?!

Anonymous said...

get it?