Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Learning GoLive

I’m finally beginning to understand Adobe GoLive. Sort of. I keep starting it, getting overwhelmed, then giving up. This time I seem to be sticking with it because I want to have a website.
What strikes me about these different programs, though, is they’re way too complicated. I had the same problem with Photoshop once upon a time. But since I’d done graphic art and layout for so many years, I could see the sense behind it and the program gradually became easier.
Still, anyone who struggles with Photoshop the way I’ve struggled with GoLive has my sympathies. It seems to me that if software designers can make something difficult or arcane, they go for it. Is this a move on their part to let us know that they are way smarter than we are? This reminds me of Conrad Black. He likes to sprinkle his conversation with words that force lesser mortals to head for a dictionary.

No comments: