Monday, January 14, 2008

100 Things

My cousin Bruce told me last week that he had made a list of 100 things he wanted to do in his life. One of them was running a backhoe, and he got a chance to do this last summer when construction was going on down his street.
Of course I had to start compiling my own list too, and it’s harder to do than I thought it would be. The first thing that came to mind was going back in time to the 18th century and visiting William Blake’s solo art show in London. He didn’t sell a single thing, so if I could, I’d buy a ton of his stuff. And I wouldn't mind going back to New York in the 1940s when Joseph Cornell’s assemblages were going for only $12.95 each!
But since time travel doesn’t seem to be an option, I’d have to say that number one on my list would be spending two weeks in Florence touring the sights—the Uffizi gallery in particular. I mentioned this to Debbie the other day and she said I should start saving money every week. Sounds like a plan.

P.S. What’s on your list?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Florence/Tuscany is beautiful!!! I hope to take the kids to Disney World/Florida this year-for the first time!
Hugs
Sandy

Ronna said...

Going to Graceland. Seeing Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower. Going to Australia and New Zealand. Seeing all the Big Things in the world that I can find and taking a picture of it. Venice for sure (I plan to go in 3 yrs. time). Hmmm. I'm sure I have many more things on my "to do" life list. I'll keep thinking...