Friday, January 04, 2008

The Fleet

What am I going to do with these eleven plastic animals I bought yesterday at Michaels? On the other hand, they only cost 50 cents each, so how could I resist? Mary thinks I should cannibalize them and add parts to every club challenge I do this year. Hmmm. Sounds like a plan.
Normally I don’t go shopping with other people because I find it hard to concentrate on looking at things. But I had a ball with Mary at Michaels and the dollar store. She is a very methodical shopper going aisle by aisle with focus and intention. For example: who knew that the cake-decorating aisle in Michaels could be so interesting? They sell pillars for wedding cakes that would be perfect in assemblage.

Before we left on our shopping spree, I had Mary look at a couple of assemblages I’m having trouble with, and the advice she gave me was spot on. A fresh pair of eyes can make all the difference, so thanks Mary—I know what I’m going to do now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you do...i still can't figure out what that darn bottle is made of!!!!!-- i think i am going to put a cherry bomb in it and see what happens....

Anonymous said...

No problem Susan. Love to give advice anytime. I had a load of fun too. Only wish I had got some of the critters - they look so vibrant in the photo. But, alas, no room.....
Mary