Monday, January 21, 2008

Celebrate

My friend Zanne from Mississippi mentioned in an email earlier this month that people have been choosing a word to express the approach they want to take to life in 2008. I’ve been thinking about this for days now, and finally decided on mine. I want to celebrate 2008 by expressing my creativity and enjoying all the wonderful people I know.
I think the word “celebrate” comes to mind because I had a great weekend. It started on Friday night when I had a long, intense conversation about art with David. On Saturday, I went to Yvonne’s house in Guelph to hang out with my stamping buddies for the day. Beverly and I figured out our ATCs for the next exchange at The Hive, and I actually started putting mine together.
Emma and Bryan were staying overnight, and when I got home they took us out for dinner. The next day we went shopping to Michaels where Emma bought a bowl for her fish Fred, and I scored some nifty stamps on clearance for my journal. Then I worked on this digital ATC and my club challenge—although I’ll admit I had to keep reminding myself to celebrate because I’m struggling with the latter.
P.S. Do you have a word for 2008 that appeals to you? (I’m curious).

No comments: