Monday, May 12, 2008

Having a Busy Time

December and May are the two busiest times of year for me …December for obvious reasons, and May because of birthdays, work and other commitments. For example, in the last few days I’ve been helping my sister Pam pack up her house, the Red Hat Stampers came over for lunch and dinner on Saturday, and yesterday was Mother’s Day. All good stuff, but I’m really in the mood to spend the whole day in bed reading trashy novels, drinking tea and writing in my journal. When Emma and David were small, John would look after them occasionally while I did just that, and I always really enjoyed it.
According to the Myers Briggs personality test, I’m an introvert, and introverts need to recharge by being on their own. Extroverts, on the other hand, restore their energy best by some heavy duty partying. As I get older, though, I’m discovering that I’m a lot more sociable than I thought I was. I put this down to expressing my creativity on a regular basis, so now when I spend time with other people I seem to have a lot more fun. Hmm …maybe I’m really a closet extrovert.

3 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

I think I'm and introextrovert!

I used a large version of The Doll in a big work. You can see a thumbnail of it on my blog, in the Etsy shop thingy! It looks great!

xoxo

Unknown said...

I used to be an introvert til I hit 25 ..lol! I will autograph your ATC in June..tee,hee!!! Hope you had a special Mother's Day!

Sandyxox

Anonymous said...

HEY YOU get out of that CLOSET!!!! it's time....:P