Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Recovering

Three days of eating, laughing and art marking up at Limberlost really took the wind out of my sails. But in a good way.
Normally I come home with everything half done because I insist on nit picking over the finishing details. However, this time I decided I would complete my projects no matter what. This involved staying up late for a couple of nights with the other die hards: Carin, Bev and Yvonne. (When my energy level picks up, I’ll recharge my camera battery, and take some pictures of my favorite projects to post here).
One of the things Marg did with us was faux postage, which I really enjoyed. I’ve done a lot of it in the past, and I’d forgotten how much fun it is. The others made cards from theirs, but I knew what I’d done would work better in my journal. I do most of my stamping there, and since we were trading our images around with each other, I was able to add some new ones to play with. I usually stamp these images randomly and then use them as a starting point when I’m writing an entry.

Not that I did any journaling while I was there. It’s a private pursuit and we were all feeding off the group energy. At one point I was stuck on a project and Yvonne came along, picked up a tiny piece of paper and said: “Add this.” So I did and everything fell into place.

No comments: