Thursday, November 16, 2006

Gearing up for Holly Jolly

I really enjoyed participating in the Holly Jolly Holiday Sale last year. It’s fun to sell your stuff, see what everyone else is doing and talk to the people who stop by your table. As you all know, I do love to talk!
This year the sale is on Saturday, November 25th from 10 am until 4 pm at the Swansea Town Hall in the Bloor West Village. If you go to Carmi’s website you can see a list of all the vendors and find directions. I don’t know everyone that’s participating, but Carmi, Mary, Aracely, Christina, Karen, Paul and Marissa will all have nifty stuff for sale. The new vendors look interesting too.
I like the timing of Holly Jolly because it starts me thinking about Christmas. I’m not the kind of person who starts shopping for gifts in January. Getting into the spirit of the season is important to me, and last year I bought several gifts at Holly Jolly. Everything is created with love, so it’s nice to spread it around (and buy yourself some treats too).
I’d like to say that I’m organized for the sale, but I’m not—yet. My original plan was to do some small paintings to sell in addition to my digital collages. Unfortunately, I’ve had a lot of freelance work lately, and this has prevented me from doing everything I wanted to do. Being super busy has forced me to focus though. I’ll have several new digital collages ready, plus ten new collage sheets that I’m also going to put on CD.

No comments: