Wednesday, November 01, 2006

David's Website

David has his website up now. He went for a minimalist look and features some of his sketches, and his stationary and suspended forms. He did the whole thing in GoLive, which is what I’m using too, so I know he will be able to give me some tips.
I think David’s glass bricks are really cool, and my favorites of the work he has done so far. Many of them have little windows so the light can shine through. He’s sold several of them already. Right now he’s working on more complicated pieces that almost look like conceptual puzzles. He builds molds out of clay set in sand, and then pours in the molten glass. It takes about 48 hours for the glass to cool down completely, and then he can polish or roughen them up.
The other day David heard from Galerie Elena Lee in Montreal. They want him to be part of a group exhibition in March next year. This is very exciting for him (us too). If you go to their website you can see a great cross section of glass art. I really enjoyed looking at everyone’s work and found it very inspiring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for featuring me on your blog mom! I can't say how much it means to me that you and dad support and encourage my work. I couldn't image what it would be like if I didn't have the backing of my family.

Hopefully we can get your website up soon so you can start displaying more of your work. That way everyone can see where I get my talent from :)

David.