Sunday, November 19, 2006

Jeanne Schedler

I took a break from my Holly Jolly prep this afternoon to take a good look at the collages Jeanne emailed me earlier this week. I like these two in particular. “Hmm,” said John when he saw them. “Quite interesting.” And I agree. There’s something really unique about them. I think it’s the combination of vivid color and spontaneous painting combined with tiny collages and doodles. Very fresh and inspiring…it makes me want to paint!
Jeanne told me in her email that she’s working like a “madwoman” to finish a 60-page collage book that incorporates all sorts of hands-on techniques and altered visuals. I can’t wait to see this when it’s finished. She also told me that her studio would give Bacon’s “a run for his money” Don’t you just love it when someone is so caught up in the creative spirit that they have no time to eat, sleep or clean? You go girl!

No comments: