Sunday, April 09, 2006

Artfest – Day 3

Okay, so it’s been over a week since Jane Wynn’s workshop, and I finally finished my project a few minutes before we were leaving for our 25th wedding anniversary party at Pam’s. (What does it say about me that I was more focused on doing art than the fact John and I were celebrating twenty-five years of marriage?)
Anyway, it wasn’t Jane’s fault I was so slow; she was a wealth of information and so helpful, but I was completely distracted by all the neat tools and patinas she brought to class, and I spent the workshop dithering around trying to make decisions.
I was also intrigued by what everyone else was doing. For example, Colleen cut the heads off her plastic animals and then interchanged them. Very cool. It was so much fun watching her work – Marti and Nadine too – that I ended up way behind everyone else.
But it didn’t really bother me. Thinking in three dimensions is always a challenge, I find. In the end, I was actually happy with how my assemblage turned out. Now all I need to learn is how to take proper photos of my work!

No comments: