Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Randi Feuerhelm

If I had enough time, I’d start a Randi Feuerhelm fan club. She was one of the most interesting people I met at Artfest, although I didn’t actually speak to her until just before I got on the plane to Vancouver. But I recognized her dark eyes, pink hair (I’ve always loved candy floss) and cowboy boots right away. She was also carrying one of her journals, which looked to be about two feet long and about nine inches wide.
Randi gave me a copy of her Visual Journaling Zine based on the diaries and artwork of Frida Kahlo, and I spent a couple of wonderful hours today devouring her visuals, writing and ideas. She’s fabulous! I really feel inspired to try some new things in my own journal. And even though I’m trying to cut back on all the stuff I seem to be accumulating, I had to go to Randi’s website and order her other zines and two creative decks.

No comments: