Saturday, April 29, 2006

Pot Pourri

This is one of the digital collages that Fanzorelli’s didn’t take. But my niece Kira loved it so I gave it to her.
Speaking of family, David graduated from Art College on Thursday night, and Emma stayed up until 3 a.m. finishing off two industrial strength papers. Now second year law school is done! I stayed up with her, and fixed my printer. If I had yet another alternative life, I’d be a computer repairperson with a tool belt and a Blackberry. It’s very satisfying work – when it works. John has started calling me Wilhelmina Gates. Of course Bill probably has a ton of lackeys doing his grunt work.
I managed to finish four pages of my book yesterday even though I wasn’t in the mood. I would much rather have been responding to my Texan friend Jeanne Schedler’s long, fascinating email. But I’m trying to be disciplined.
We had a celebration dinner for the kids last night, and then watched Deal or No Deal. (Sometimes sinking to the lowest common denominator is the ideal way to refuel).
I’m off in a few minutes to go to an out-of-town wedding for the rest of the weekend with my extended family. I think it was Thoreau who said: “Beware of any enterprise that requires new clothes”…i.e. I’d like to know if pantyhose are actually designed to fit real women.

No comments: