Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Artfest – Day 1

I did this shadow box of Emma on my first day at Artfest in Claudine Hellmuth’s class. If you ever have the opportunity to take a workshop with Claudine: go for it! Not only is she a terrific artist, but she’s a great teacher too. She explains things so well, she’s so helpful and of course, she radiates that wonderful Claudine energy that inspires everyone around her. Because I know how much work it is to prepare and teach a class, I couldn’t help but admire both her generous spirit and the ease with which she gets everything across.
Oh, and another thing I appreciate about Claudine is that she gives you a little booklet that explains all the techniques she’s sharing so you can refresh your memory afterwards.
P.S. Emma loved her box.

1 comment:

MarissaDW said...

Love your first piece of art from Artfest. I love the vibrant colours.