Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Well-Traveled Clock

Carmi’s dollar store clock flew out west with me to Artfest – and then back again. I could have saved myself the trouble of packing, unpacking and repacking the clock in bubble wrap because I didn’t do a thing with it. I knew I wouldn’t, but I was afraid if I left it behind, I’d forget what I wanted to do with it.
Fat chance. Basically all I’ve done for the last couple of days is work on that clock. And when I’m not working on it, I’m thinking about it. Typical.
Speaking of Carmi and clocks, I took a break this afternoon to engage in some Photoshop therapy. I experimented with scanning some watch parts I’d encased in resin during a workshop with Carmi. It was very satisfying to end up with an image I liked – and I didn’t have to do any clean up either. John thinks it looks like a Russian poster from the 1920s.

1 comment:

Carmi Cimicata said...

WOW!!! It does look amazing!
The resin makes it look so vintage!