Monday, December 04, 2006

The Busy-ness Continues

I finished my first three commissions! They were done for Elizabeth Nardella who owns A Scrapbookers Dream in Bolton, Ontario. She wanted an astrological theme, and here’s the Libran component of the trio.
In case you haven’t been to Elizabeth’s store, she has an amazing array of merchandise. I particularly like her papers, and I’ve amassed my own personal collection. (If you’re free next Saturday, Elizabeth is having an all day Christmas open house with free demos and make-and-takes).
In addition to the digital collages for Elizabeth, I got back into framing mode and sent more pictures to Made By Hand, a fine art and craft show and sale, which runs from November 23rd to January 2nd at The Art Gallery of Peel.
On Friday I got a call to say that all three of my pictures had sold, and they asked if they could have more. To be honest, I was astonished. Brampton has never been a good venue for me, so I usually don’t bother exhibiting here. The only reason why I went into this particular show is because I happen to like the coordinator! It will be interesting to see if this is a fluke, or if anyone else will be drawn to my work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing and wonderful collage. Very inspiring. Your style has shifted a bit? I love it! Congrats on the sales. I don't think it is a fluke.

Jeanne