Sunday, December 31, 2006

Year End Gratitude

I had a battle with my vacuum cleaner today that left me snarling and swearing yet again. (It reminded me of the time when I was expecting David, and I got so mad at my then vacuum that I rushed out onto the front porch in my nightgown and hurled the machine into a snowdrift right in front of a couple of horrified neighbors).
Anyway, when I finally simmered down this afternoon, I realized that I actually have a lot to be grateful for: my family, my friends, my dog, my home, my interest in art and writing and anything creative, my spiritual values, my health, my books and art supplies, the fact I live in a democracy, and so on. My plan is to bring in the New Year by writing a list of all the things I have to be happy about, and to give thanks.
Wishing you all a happy and prosperous 2007!

No comments: