Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Card Thing

I made an executive decision yesterday and decided that this year I will not make my own Christmas cards. If I had more time, I’d keep fiddling with the one I’ve been working on in Photoshop, but it’s taking forever. No surprise there. And I’m way too busy right now to continue obsessing about it.
So. to make a long boring story short, I actually went out and bought Christmas cards at The Bay yesterday. Horrors! And they’re Hallmark’s too! Somewhere I have a rubber stamp that says: “Eat your heart out Hallmark,” and I’ve used it on the back of my handmade cards many times. Guess I’m going to have to eat humble pie this year because the irony is not lost on me.

I have several friends who send me lovely handmade cards like Beverly, Yvonne, Debbie, Mary, Carolyn, Susan and Marissa—I know there are more, but my thinking skills are sub par at the moment. And Carmi is an absolute card dynamo. How does she do it? Guess I’ll find out soon enough because I’m going to be writing an article on her for RubberStampMadness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know where you got the Hallmark Eat your Heart Out stamp? I'd love to get one of those. Thanks!