Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas prep

I once read an article about preparing for the holidays, and one of the women interviewed said that she’d like to be reincarnated as a man as Christmastime. Personally, I thought this was hilarious. Not that my guys aren’t helpful, but it’s basically me that does most of the work.
Come to think of it: where are you Emma? Emma usually buys most of the stocking stuffers, and she’s so much better at it than I am. I was trying to think like her yesterday at the Dollar Store and my mind went bust. I almost bought David a mini colander for his stocking. What was I thinking…help!!!
At least the tree is done. It takes me about seven hours to get it the way I want it. First I have to fluff the branches…this takes ages…then put on six strings of lights, the bows and finally, all the decorations.

I had dinner with Andrea last night and she was amazed at how long it takes me to decorate our tree. “Of course it has to be perfect for you, doesn’t it?” Oh Andrea, you know me so well. Mind you, looking at the photo of our tree just now, I realize that some of the bows and decorations need tweaking. But I will resist doing this. I will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A mini-colander?? How hilarious. How big was it? I am intrigued by this. Is it assemblage fodder? Your tree looks lovely. No more tweaking please. You might ruin it. Leave well enought alone. Happy Christmas.

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Susan, you're so much further ahead than I am on the tree thing. A little tip I learned: anchor the lights on with twist ties and leave them on the tree when you pack it up. Next year? Voila, the lights are already on!
How big is the colander? Would it be good for jewelry?
Mary

Anonymous said...

ISO Eat your heart out stamp!

Hey Susan- In an earlier post about THE CARD THING you mentioned you have a Hallmark Eat your Heart Out stamp for your cards. I'd love to get one. Could you tell me where you purchased this?

Thanks! Heather