Friday, December 29, 2006

Combining Stuff

Sometimes I’m pleased with what I do in a journal and sometimes I’m not. But whatever happens, there’s always a story behind the bits and pieces I’ve combined to create the finished “product.” When I look back on the pages I’ve done, I always journey back to certain experiences I’ve had. Separately they each mean something different to me. But when they’re all put together, they tell a visual story that becomes something new…not that I usually know what that story is!
For the background of these two pages, I used some of the marbled paper Debbie and I made a couple of years ago using food coloring and shaving cream. The heart is a Photoshopped piece of Styrofoam I found on the beach at Meaford when Emma and I went on vacation together last year. The stickers are from a particularly fruitful excursion to the Dollar Store, and the highlights were taken from a swatch book of rub-ons that I bought at Bizzy B’s.

No comments: