Friday, December 15, 2006

Journaling

Tonight I finished my ideas journal. I’ve been keeping it for most of the year, and I’m really looking forward to starting a fresh one. There’s nothing like a new journal! You’re almost afraid to start putting anything in it because it looks so pristine and pretty.
But I haven’t been neglecting my process journal even though I haven’t had much time to work on it this fall. Here’s a recent spread using Claudine’s crackle paint technique from her book: Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond The Unexpected…along with a Luna Lights trading card/Izone mishap. Brenda got me hooked on my Izone, but it turns out the latest package of film I bought is expired. Dang. It’s hard to get Izone film here in the boonies, so I’m really ticked off. Nevertheless, I’m using it anyway. Life is an experiment whether I want it to be or not.

Speaking of Claudine, I read on her blog recently that her computer went kaput, and I felt so badly for her. Then when I checked my email a minute ago, I heard from Jeanne. When I read that her hard drive had also crashed, tears sprang into my eyes. It’s just devastating to lose your precious stuff. This happened to me four years ago and I’ve never forgotten it. Hang in there girlfriend!

No comments: