Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Getting it together

This is the first time I’ve been involved in venues selling my work that I haven’t been stressed out about it and overwhelmed. It’s not because I’ve reached some Zen moment of clarity about the situation; I’m just not as busy with work as I usually am.
Even though I’m reasonably prolific, I’ve never been good at churning out large amounts of stuff to sell. The reason for this is that I have to meditate on everything I make, which is obviously not the best policy when it comes to making money. But I don’t think you can go against your real nature. You just have to find some way to work with it.

Today I also put some time into our challenge for this month’s art meeting. At one point John stuck his head around the door and said: “You’re still in the same position you were 25 minutes ago.” True enough. But I think I’ve finally figured out what to do with the dreaded doily we were assigned to alter. Now if there was just some way I could put my creativity on warp drive…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love anatomy collages. I can see this in my next "bones" book....