Thursday, November 08, 2007

Stumped

I have a couple of weeks to figure out what to do with the doily we were given as our next club assignment. I don’t have a clue how to transform it. (To see what we have to work with, check out this photo Martha posted to her blog).
Most of our members are good at sewing. While I can do things by hand, I rarely do, so late last night I decided to loosen up for the assignment by painting.
Have I forgotten how to paint? It seems like it. Frustrated, I came back downstairs and decided to paint digitally in Photoshop. From time to time it crosses my mind that what I really am is a digital artist. More than anything else, it’s what I keep returning to because it seems to flow naturally for me.
Still, after I’d finished this ATC, I started scanning some of the results I got from using alcohol inks on glass. My hands-on stuff seems to be recycled into digital art whenever I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I know what you mean. I have decided that what I have come up with is not original but I think it will work...

A bird in the hand said...

I just finished mine today!

yeehah!