Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowed In

I’m not sure how much snow we’ve had since last night, but I’m sure it’s at least 10 inches and it hasn’t stopped yet. Because we knew a storm was coming, John and I ran around yesterday doing errands and getting in supplies. I doubt our street will be ploughed out until tomorrow morning, so we’re nesting until the roads are clear.
No matter how bad the weather gets here, it’s always worse in Buffalo, which is over 90 miles southwest of us. Sometimes they have twice as much snow as we do and everything grinds to a halt.
I feel sorry for all those people who had Christmas parties planned for last night or today, but fortunately Pam and Brian’s big get-together was on Friday. One year the weather was so bad it took us three and a half hours to get there, and of course we had to stay over night once we arrived.

Since it’s my turn to do the family Christmas this year, I’m hoping the weather will be okay on the 25th. We’ve never been snowed in on Christmas Day before, so we’re keeping our fingers crossed it won’t happen again next week.

No comments: