Sunday, December 30, 2007

Time to Scan

I don’t know about you, but watches fascinate me…particularly their inner workings, so I scanned one to make this ATC.
Because I like to print out everything I do digitally, I always scan objects and pictures at a resolution of 300 dpi (dots per inch) as this results in a better quality image. But when I scanned these watch innards, I chose a resolution of 1200 dpi. Even though the watch only measured 1-inch square, I knew I could easily enlarge it in Photoshop.

What I did was open a new file at 4 x 4 inches and 300 ppi (pixels per inch). Then using the Move tool, I slid my scan over and it fit perfectly. This is a fun way to play with objects or pictures that seem to be too small to work in a scrapbook or digital collage.

1 comment:

Godelieve said...

I like what you did here.