Thursday, March 20, 2008

In the Mail

When you work at home, receiving mail is always a high point—whether it appears in your email inbox or through the door. Zanne sent me a couple of beautiful spring cards recently and Jennifer Pearson Vanier, some of her unique ATCs. You can see a sample of their work above. It occurred to me this morning that when I receive something handmade, I’m not only hearing from a friend but I’m also adding to my art collection because I save and treasure everything that comes my way.
Speaking of another kind of mail, I went to a printing seminar today and the audience consisted of fourteen men and me. I couldn’t help thinking that it would be a good place to meet a man if you were looking for one. The material was way over my head though. No wonder people get discouraged and overwhelmed with all the technicalities involved in running a computer program. But I resisted the urge to bolt and hung in until I was able to find out what printer to buy next. At one point, the guy next to me leaned over and whispered: “How much of this do you really understand?” “Oh, about five percent,” I replied, and then the two of us giggled like a couple of kids failing tenth grade math.

1 comment:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Thank you for sharing my ATCs. I was reading the post and looking at the picture and thought, "look, someone had the same idea as me!" Okay, I should read everything first, and then think. Keep up the terrific work. I love visiting.