Monday, March 03, 2008

Our Club Meeting

Despite the snowstorm, we all managed to make our club meeting on Friday night. It actually took me almost four hours to get there, but it was worth all the hassle in the end because we had a great time.
It was amazing what people did with the wallet challenge. For instance, Sharon used it to form the roof of a house and then added shingles made from stale gum she’d painted. Now if that isn’t creative, I don’t know what is!
It was my turn to do the demo and we made a little ATC box that I’d designed to hold cards. I also took some organic chocolate for everyone to try.
John’s friend Fred Jene makes his own from scratch grinding and roasting cocoa beans and then sweetening it with maple syrup or agava from a cactus plant. Apparently chocolate contains lots of magnesium so you don’t have to feel guilty about eating it because it’s good for you! For more information, visit Fred’s web page at
www.foodnotcandy.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great demo! I really like my little boxes and it was worth the wait.

Mary